28.11.04

It gets hard sometimes...but it is so much fun being a girl!!

Today was a beautiful day in Vancouver. For the first time in weeks the sun was shining for more than two hours! It might sound incomprehensible for some of you, but Vancouver in the winter can get a little bit depressing, even if you do not like to be influenced by the weather conditions. For my own sake (and after having to stay at home for painful femenin reasons), I begged Pigevil to join me to Park Royal in North Vancouver. I know what a sacrifice for a man is to be practically dragged (I hope that is the way to spell it) by a woman around a shopping mall. But he cooperated. The ride in the bus was delightful: The sun allowed to see the variety of blues where the river meets the sea. It is unbelievably easy to enjoy those free pleasures... I love shopping, so this place was practically my heaven: big,full of cool stuff, bargains etc... I walked around at my crazy pace, shopped for my family and...for the first time in my life saw a FANCY guinea pig (or cuyo elegante in spanish, ja ja ja). This is the coolest animal ever. So freaking cute. I got so excited that I got a picture from it to show it to you. I came back with gifts for my mom, my dad and my best friend. But for being so generous I got my own prize: Gifts that were free due to my purchases: lipsticks, eyeshadows and a manicure set. Well, not very free, but let´s see the glass half full, ok Nini Mazariegos? Back home I did a wonderful "pico de gallo" sauce to eat with quesadillas. Missed the chilli for so long. It is good that I am writing in English, otherwise that would have been material for a mexican joke!! Afterwards went upstairs to watch Roberto Benigni´s old movie "The Monster". Not too much to say about it. Tamer went home and I ran to my roomate´s bedroom where I emptied my recently adquired bags: Pandora's box opened. My two roomates are also trying to learn something about make up, so one of them got a book with all this tricks and ideas. We were talking for a while, and then concluded that it is really nice to be able to treat yourself sometimes and buy creams that smell like heaven, or a piece of make-up and see yourself a little bit different every day. It was so refreshing!! Again, simple pleasures of life. I almost forgot about this sensation: I missed being a girl. Sometimes I get lost in my numbers, my engineering, my worries about life, my womanly world. Those things make me forget some times that one should always keep a piece of the girl that one was once: That one who loved to look pretty, that one who put a smile on everybody´s face with a gesture, who was able to put aside the nasty things and dream. So this was my day of today. I had lots of fun. I am also very happy because one of my best friends, whom I know since I was 6 years old, is getting married next year...and I get to be her main madrina. This made me remember that madrina is also what Lino wants to put me after what I wrote in his blog. Ah, it is late. I let you guys with Dilon, the fancy guinea pig. Enjoy!


Dilon the piglet. Posted by Hello